Happy Wednesday! This week I'm sharing CHARD! I was never a huge Chard fan until just these last few years. As you get older your taste buds really start to change and I'm finding myself liking more things than I ever did before!
This veggie helps with losing weight and helping with cholesterol as well as it's a great antioxidant and has vitamin C, K, and A. It's got other healthy minerals in and overall it's basically a good vegetable that you need in your life ;).
Sautéed Chard with Cherry Tomatoes Recipe:
- Rinse Chard really well.
- Chop into squares.
- Pour a little olive oil in a pan on low-medium heat.
- Throw the Chard in the pan.
- Cut up cherry tomatoes and add them with the chard.
- Add in some garlic powder, pepper and oregano.
- Sautee for about 10 minutes or until the kale becomes "darker".
Chard goes good with lot's of different meals, but I especially love it with some mac n' cheese ;).